DYS Volleyball Club Program
Dulles Youth Sports (DYS) Volleyball Club is our most competitive program. It is intended for experienced players who are looking to be challenged on a regular basis. As a club player here is what you can expect:
- Club players practice 2-3 times per week.
- Practices for all teams will be held at Hoops Plus in Sterling, VA
- Regular practices will be either Monday & Wednesday, or Tuesday & Thursday, depending upon team.
- Additional practices and/or position clinics may occasionally be scheduled on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. This is determined on a per team basis.
- Most teams will average between 2-3 competitions per month for January and February, and 3-5 competitions per month March-May.*
- Competitions will vary from multi-day tournaments, local tournament play, local hosted events and local weeknight competitions in lieu of practice.*
- Most local tournament travel is in the DMV (Examples: Frederick, Jessup, Silver Spring, Columbia, MD; Herndon, Ashburn, Sterling, VA).
- Regional multi-day tournaments can range geographically from Pennsylvania to Virginia (Examples: Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, York, Harrisburg, PA; Oxen Hill, MD; Washington, DC; Richmond, Williamsburg, Roanoke, VA).
The DYS volleyball program is now entering its fifth season! As our program grows in popularity and experience we have decided to expand our program offerings. For the 2019-2020 season we will be offering a U13, two U14 teams, U15, two U16 teams and a U17 team. Players for the DYS Club Volleyball team(s) are selected based on tryouts in November. The Club volleyball season extends from late November thru May. Please see News & Announcements for more info on try out times and dates.
The 2019-2020 season cost is $1650 per player (U14-U17) and $1,150 per player for U12/U13*, making the DYS program the most competitively-priced program in the region. For those players who receive and accept an offer to join one of the DYS Club Volleyball teams, payment of the club program fee can be made either as a lump sum at the beginning of the season, or as a structured payment program. Included in our club program fee:
- Facilities rental fees for practice and hosted events
- Local and Regional tournament fees
- Competition uniform- consisting of two long-sleeve jerseys and one pair of shorts
- Practice uniform- consisting of two practice t-shirts
- Coaching stipend to defray the cost of team-related lodging and travel**
- Team equipment
In addition to the uniforms, other team apparel is available for purchase for both the parent and players, based upon their taste and preferences. We do this to keep the cost of the program as low as possible, and pass those savings on to the players and parents.
What is not included in our club program fee:
- A $35 registration fee is charged at registration for the DYS Volleyball Club tryouts for each age division attended. This fee covers the cost of registration and gym rental for the tryout assessments. This is a single, one-time payment, if players try out for more than one team, or attend more than one try out session for this season, you are only charged once.
- Each player is required to register and become a member of the Chesapeake Regional Volleyball Association (CHRVA). Before a player can try out or participate, CHRVA requires a membership fee ($55) and submission of a medical form. Membership registration and medical forms can be found through the CHRVA website. Players must be registered with CHRVA and provide a hard copy of the medical form in order to try out for any club volleyball team (not just DYS). They will not be allowed to participate without this. When registering, we recommend that you list your club as "Undecided" at the time of initial registration. This will allow you to modify your selection later.
- Travel and lodging costs are not included in the club program fee. The team travel coordinator will assist with block room reservations, which allows us to stay together as a team when we travel.
*The composition of regional and local tournaments in the season schedule will vary for each team, based upon tournament availability, and the needs of the team. We consider our U12/U13 program to be an introductory program and include less overnight travel for this team. The U12/U13 program will participate in at least one regional multi-day tournament, and several local one-day tournaments.
**All of our coaches are unpaid volunteers who donate their time for the love of the sport, to improve the local level of play, and to make a difference in the lives of the players. That is not to say that they are not experienced or skilled in their craft. Please see Club Coaches 2019-2020 for more information on our club coaches.