Winter Program for Season 2022-2023 (updated 9/19/2022)
- Winter season period: November - February
- Comprised of boys and girls, grades 1-8, beginners and advanced
- Assigned to practice groups based on birth dates:
- Blue Room (primarily 7th & 8th Grades plus advanced younger wrestlers)
- Gold Room (primarily 5th & 6th Grades)
- Silver Room (primarily 3rd & 4th Grades)
- Note that DYS may combine or split age divisions for practices based on coaches, skill level and athlete weight.
- Generablly compete on Sundays and some Saturdays in the Top of the Podium (TOP) Winter Wrestling Series (WWS) December through February.
- Silver/Gold Room wrestlers will practice two days per week.
- Blue Room (advanced wrestlers) will practice three days per week.
- Compete in a season-end final TOP Championship tournament for those that quailfy.
- Select wrestlers may possibly compete in a one-day Dulles Duals tournament (details TBD).
Practice Group Assignments:
- Typically posted before the start of the November practices
- Assignments to rooms are based on birth dates and skill levels
- Schedule, room assignments and all tournaments suject to change without notice
Wrestling Competition Venues:
Registration Fee Structure:
- Earlybird registration period ends midnight on 9/30
- Late registration period adds $25 late fee starting 11/1
- Costs for uniforms and equipment are extra
- Registration costs include most but not all league competition entry fees (there are some events considered to be outside of the normal league competition series such as holiday specialty events)
- $290.00 for the “Standard" program with Saturday / Sunday league competitions. End of year tournments and other speciality tournments may incur additional cost
Sponsorships and Financial Offsets:
- Families may get kids registered at no cost by collecting $500 in total from sponsors