In tribute to Bryan Paul Bielecki, DYS Basketball has created the Bryan Bielecki Scholarship Fund to ensure that those families/players in the greatest need of aid are able to play basketball.
Bryan was an amazing father, son, husband, and brother. He had an exceptionally kind and patient heart that touched everyone he met. He loved coaching basketball and fishing. He was instrumental in his local community – coaching and serving in multiple roles for the DYS (MLBL/SoLo) travel program, before moving on to coach at both Freedom and Lightridge High Schools.
if you are requesting financial aid. In the email, please detail your need and supply documentation. Documentation that will be accepted includes, but will be not limited to, the following:
- Current proof of eligibility for free or reduced lunch programs
- Current proof of eligibility for Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) Program
- Current proof of eligibility for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Program
- Current proof of eligibility for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Program
- Current proof of eligibility for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance (SNAP) Program
- Current documentation that child to be registered is in foster care / is a ward of the state.
- Current documentation that child to be registered receives Medicaid medical coverage.
As noted above, this is not an exhaustive list, and other forms of documentation of financial need will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. All requests and documentation will be kept confidential within the league board of directors.
The board of directors will be the final arbiter of the validity of any alternative documentation provided. As the league board has a fiduciary responsibility to those it serves, the league reserves the right to evaluate all requests for financial aid on a case-by-case basis.
The league may approve the request for a full scholarship, partial scholarship or deny the request for aid. Financial aid must be requested at the time of registration and is subject to space available in the league.