Dulles Youth South Basketball
Spectator Code of Conduct
This League is designed to be an instructional league, one that will benefit all the players and
parents not just a select few. The following codes of conduct will be strictly enforced
throughout the season.
In order to ensure that the principles of sportsmanship, fair play, skill development, and mutual
respect among players, coaches, officials and spectators are the primary considerations
governing competition in South Loudoun Basketball, the following Code of Conduct has been
established and adopted.
Each spectator will ensure that his/her playing conduct is that of a young lady or gentleman
fairly competing to the limit of his/her ability. To satisfactorily meet these responsibilities, the
spectator is expected to:
1. Respect the rules of the game.
2. Respect the game officials and refrain from questioning their decisions or from addressing
them in a loud, disrespectful or abusive manner.
3. Cheer for their team in a positive, supportive manner, refraining at all times from making
hostile, negative, or abusive remarks about the opposing team.
4. Enter a gym quietly; remain seated during play of the game. Refrain at all times from
coming onto the floor or from throwing objects or other foreign materials on to the floor, and
exit in an orderly manner at the conclusion of the game.
5. Follow all building rules and regulations, respecting at all times the property of others. Be
aware that there is to be no shooting at baskets during time outs or intermission of games that
are in progress - before each game only the teams warming up for the next game should be
shooting at the baskets. SPECTATORS SHOULD NEVER BRING BALLS INTO ANY GAME SITE GYM
6. Demonstrate appropriate gestures of sportsmanship at the conclusion of a game, win or
7. Realize, accept, and practice the principal that a team’s reputation is built not only on its
playing ability, but also on the sportsmanship, courtesy, and citizenship of its fans.